Expressions of interest are invited for the role of Leicestershire Rugby Union (LRU) Rugbysafe Manager commencing in September 2021. This is a voluntary role.
This is a key role within the constituent body (CB) and we are looking for an individual who has a passion for promotion of player welfare. Player Welfare, and making rugby as safe as possible, is the joint responsibility of all involved in the game. This role covers all areas of the game including adult and age grade. You will be an approachable and organised individual, ideally with a background in healthcare or a good awareness of player welfare and first aid.
Support in the role will be provided by the LRU Safeguarding manager and the LRU Age Grade Chair.
Key responsibilities and tasks within the role:
1. LRU First Aid / Immediate Care Pitch-side provision for Representative Rugby
• Review the CB risk assessments and current first aid (FA) and immediate care (IC) provision for training and matches. Referring to the RFU’s recommended minimum levels, create a plan to ensure every training session and match is appropriately covered.
2. Training & Equipment
• Arrange training to ensure all appointed first aiders and immediate care practitioners within the CB’s representative rugby are trained and up-to-date with an appropriate level of qualification, in line with RFU guidelines (e.g. RFU Emergency First aid in Rugby Union and Immediate Care in Sport courses). Have a process in place for the management of FA/IC supplies and equipment.
• Ensure there is process in place to keep records of player medical conditions, monitor injuries and report incidents/injuries as they happen in line with RFU regulations at a CB level.
• Receive and action information from the RFU in relation to injury reports, audits requirements and COVID-19 on behalf of the CB.
4. Funding / Local Rugby Plan (LRP)
• Review and manage budgets requirements for player welfare projects and FA/IC provision. Input into the LRP planning process, to provide funding and enable opportunities for CB and clubs to support player welfare across all levels of the game.
• Utilise the RFUs RugbySafe scheme and guidelines (e.g. management of concussion), working with other key personnel (e.g. coaches and CB safeguarding manager) to support wider best practice and ensure that all volunteers and parents are aware of how to support player welfare.
6. Club Support
• Act as a contact for clubs on behalf of the CB. Work with clubs to gain an understanding of current compliance levels and provide support and guidance on FA/IC training, injury reporting and other player welfare issues.
• Act as a conduit between clubs to organise RFU approved FA/ IC training.
• Maintain good relationships with clubs on behalf of the CB and respond to queries in relation to injury reporting.
• Arrange, where appropriate opportunities for information sharing and networking across the CB in relation to rugbysafe.
• Undertake regular monitoring and audit of the Game Management System to ensure LRU member clubs have assigned rugbysafe leads.
8. Meeting attendance
• You will be required to attend and contribute to the LRU Operations committee which meets on a regular basis and also attend any meetings or seminars as proposed by the RFU in relation to rugby safe.
Please submit expressions of interest to [email protected]
If you would like to have an informal discussion about the role, please contact the e-mail address above.