Frequently Asked Questions

Can I play an age grade player in a different age group?

This may be permissible if authorisation has been given prior to the event by the Chair Of Age Grade Rugby and the appropriate assessment of the player has been carried out and the relevant paperwork completed.

Do we require permission to tour?

Your advice of a tour within the RFU is recommended in case we receive notifications from another CB. External tours outside of the RFU to include other Unions in GB must be sanctioned by the LRU using devolved power from the RFU. See the tours page for the relevant forms.

Who do I report an injury to?

The LRU will ensure first aiders are on site at all festivals and finals. In the first instance please report to them and seek assistance.

Where do I report a safeguarding issue to?

In the first instance you should report any concerns to your Club SG Officers.

The LRU have a team of three Safeguarding officers who liaise directly with clubs and are present at all LRU events.

For more detail and contacts see the Safeguarding section.