Let me thank you first of all for your continued help and support during 2016/17. You might not be aware but the County Schools Union has decided to come out of the Team Leicestershire Model for this season. This decision was not made lightly and it was felt this was the best course of action for the continued development of rugby in the county.
With this change in mind it was decided at our recent Annual General Meeting, we would now be charging a membership fee. This fee is set at £50 payable for the year. This fee covers:
- Entrance into all County Rugby Competitions.
- First Aid at county finals.
- Food for Players at county finals
- Medals and to maintain trophies
- Payments to officials
- English Schools Rugby Union Membership (ESRFU)
- ESRFU Membership includes entrance in National Competitions, Critical Injury Insurance, opportunity to purchase England International Tickets, Schools Newsletter & Touchline Magazine.
RUGBY FOOTBALL UNION PLAYING CALENDAR
In order to prevent too much pressure being placed on young players who play for a rugby club, as well as playing for a school team, Competition Matches need to be played in certain playing windows. Other matches (friendlies) can take place at any time.